This service enables customers to file a petition requesting Provisional and Urgent Affairs Judge to issue temporary action binding upon both parties in the cases including, but not limited to: renew Commercial License or restore electricity and water supply, carry out maintenance services, activate access card to building and parking lots, issue New Residence or renew it, determine the fact of property being sublet, damages within property or inspect the leased premises.
1. Petition request clearly setting out the reason for seeking a petition order.
2. A latest copy of lease (Ejari) with translation.
3. In the event of applicant being a natural person, s/he should attach a copy of her/his Emirates ID, and in the event of being a legal person/corporate body (company or establishment), copy of manager’s Emirates ID (stated so in the Commercial License) together with the latest copy of Commercial License
4. A management contract in force
5. Attach evidence of the debtor being notified of Payment Obligation (the amount of debt)
6. Applicant should attach a declaration stating the validity of information provided, undertaking an indemnity guarantee for damage and prejudice.
7. A copy of Notorised Power of Attorney and Emirates ID for legal agent. In the event of being a law firm, must attach Commercial License of the law firm and being its representative, should produce an authorization/POA from the law firm.
8. A copy of inheritance certificate for the heirs if (Lessor) is deceased.
Note: In case of Exit Ban request, the applicant should attach:
1. A copy of passport with residence visa page (for expatriates) and Emirates ID.
2. Proof of debt such as (dishonoured cheques) together with bank’s Return Memo.
All documents must be submitted in or translated legally into Arabic, and be uploaded on the Rental Disputes Center web page https://rdc.dubailand.gov.ae/ according to the sections described in the system as no hard copies shall be entertained.
AED 20 Petition Order Request
2.5% of the annual rent in the event of request to inspect
AED 10 Knowledge fee (in the event of request to inspect only)
AED 10 Innovation fee (in the event of request to inspect only)
Through Real Estate Services Trustees
Step 1: The customer visits one of the service centres (Real Estate Services Trustees)
Step 2: The customer provides the required documents to the staff to ensures their compliance
Step 3: The staff enters the transaction data into the system, verifies and approves
Step 4: The customer pays the fees and gets a receipt of payment
Step 5: Receive the Judge’s decision through the website
Via the approved email
Step 1: Sign up for an account (if you are not registered before), enter the RDC system and choose the service
Step 2: Upload documents
Step 3: Pay the fee electronically
Step 4: Receive the Judge’s decision through the website